The Designer Warehouse Sales
Tips for Getting the Best Out of the Sales...
- Don’t bring the baby. The Sales are not a playground and competing customers can be highly dangerous! Buggies are not allowed as these may get crushed in the rush for the best bargains.
- Bring a friend. Impartial advice is always useful. A real friend will tell you the truth (we hope)!
- Don’t wear layers of clothing. Your coats and bags will be whipped away from you - with a smile - and even your sweaters. This means they won’t go astray in the changing rooms and if chilly, you can wear the stock. Don’t be outraged!
- Come prepared to spend several hours. You’ll be bowled over by the choice and it’s worth spending a long time hunting through the rails for bargain classics. Patience is a virtue to be rewarded.
- Repeats are far and few between so don’t hold back expecting to find the same items at the next Sale. Buy now or forever hold your piece...
- Wear suitable lingerie! It’s best to wear the bra you would wear under the type of clothing you intend to purchase. And you will be stripping to your underwear in a room of other women (or men at the Menswear Sales - guys can forget the advice about bras!) so grungy greys are unacceptable.
- Credit cards will cost you more than cash or debit cards, so bring the latter two to save even more dosh.
- More stock is added each day so consider visiting the Sales on more than one day for additional bargains - and be adventurous! Today’s unknown may be tomorrow’s Vivienne Westwood.
- Meet Roger, the man behind the Sales whose acerbic wit can cut to the quick or have you doubled over laughing. Be prepared!
Style devotees can buy the current season of menswear at bargain prices
- Evening Standard
There are more than 100 labels to choose from, all with about two-thirds off
- The Sunday Times Style
The Sale of the Century
- Girl About Town
The very best sale of the lot
- The Independent
You’ll save yourself a small fortune and be in for a treat
- Daily Express
One of the best-kept secrets in the fashion world
- Time Out Student Guide
Give into temptation It‘s hard finding quality like this at prices so low
- Where London
Designer bargains at 50 & 80% off the
original price tag
original price tag
- Daily Telegraph
Come prepared to battle and lose your inhibitions
- Time Out