The Designer Warehouse Sales
Tips for Getting the Best Out of the Sales...
- Don’t bring the baby. The Sales are not a playground and competing customers can be highly dangerous! Buggies are not allowed as these may get crushed in the rush for the best bargains.
- Bring a friend. Impartial advice is always useful. A real friend will tell you the truth (we hope)!
- Don’t wear layers of clothing. Your coats and bags will be whipped away from you - with a smile - and even your sweaters. This means they won’t go astray in the changing rooms and if chilly, you can wear the stock. Don’t be outraged!
- Come prepared to spend several hours. You’ll be bowled over by the choice and it’s worth spending a long time hunting through the rails for bargain classics. Patience is a virtue to be rewarded.
- Repeats are far and few between so don’t hold back expecting to find the same items at the next Sale. Buy now or forever hold your piece...
- Wear suitable lingerie! It’s best to wear the bra you would wear under the type of clothing you intend to purchase. And you will be stripping to your underwear in a room of other women (or men at the Menswear Sales - guys can forget the advice about bras!) so grungy greys are unacceptable.
- Credit cards will cost you more than cash or debit cards, so bring the latter two to save even more dosh.
- More stock is added each day so consider visiting the Sales on more than one day for additional bargains - and be adventurous! Today’s unknown may be tomorrow’s Vivienne Westwood.
- Meet Roger, the man behind the Sales whose acerbic wit can cut to the quick or have you doubled over laughing. Be prepared!
- Where London
original price tag
- Daily Telegraph
- Girl About Town
- Evening Standard
- Daily Express
- Time Out
- The Sunday Times Style
- Time Out Student Guide
- The Independent